Sunday, January 11, 2009

UNBELIEVABLE

unbelievable.......just unbelievable...........

i have spent the last 2 hours attempting to retrieve my password from google. i tried to access my blog dashboard and it kept taking me to the home page where it tells you to create a blog. i tried over and over to access my blogs or my dashboard. it tells me that the username and the password do not match. WHAT??!! ok, i read the possibilities as to why this might happen, and it says if i have more than one google account, i might have signed in under the wrong one. i wasn't aware that i HAD more than one google account, but i checked it out, and i guess when i first tried to start my google account (in the midst of all the aol closings and being frantic to find something else) i inadvertantly opened 2 accounts, one in my regular email of
wumzels2@aol.com and another in wumzels2@gmail.com. i never have used the gmail account, so forgot it existed.

anywhoooooooooo.............i finally got through to reset my password and it gives you one of those scrambled words to type in, and voila.............the word wasn't visible. just a little red x in the corner of a white square. so i tried to refresh, and it went to "internet cannot display webpage". omg!! so i retried, got the new scrambled code, typed it in, clicked on submit, and "internet cannot............". OKOKOKOK i get it...........you don't want me on the computer.

i went to the kitchen and did a couple of things to prepare for supper and went back to the big mean box on my computer desk that won't display my items............and i retried it. finally, i got through to the correct page. i changed the password (to the same one i had before, sheesh) and clicked submit. after 2 tries, it went through. then i had to wait an hour for the email that tells you that "you have been successful, just click on the button below". here we go again.....

i am finally here on my blog, so all is well for now.

after reading about google live writer from guido, i decided to try it. i am using a used computer a friend gave me, and there isn't a whole lot of space left on it for downloading things. i checked the amount of space it would require to download live writer, and i had plenty. so i tried to do so. it went to 99% complete and stopped. i waited a full hour before i decided to just stop it and start over. well, it wouldn't let me start over, but yet it said that it had not been downloaded to my computer......................sheesh.

after much agitation on my part, i finally decided to go to system restore and reset my computer to saturday, BEFORE i installed all the stuff from live writer. then i started downloading again. only this time it tells me that it will take 19 hours to complete the installation. 19 HOURS!!! i won't have a connection for that long. oh well, it is currently into the 2nd hour and is at 11% complete. i guess i will go take a nap and wake up to see where it has downloaded to.

i have a story about work to tell, but won't do it here. one never knows if my connection will be strong enough to support posting of the longer posts. i think blogger is having a lot of traffic right now, as well. it doesn't seem to be available due to heavy use. this entry might not even load.

i will mention that when i got home last night, tired, in a lot of pain and hungry, i found a note on a box of gatoraid that i had left in the downstairs hall because it was too heavy to bring up all at once. i was taking it up little by little since i brought it home on thursday night. the lovely landlord had come in to sweep and polish the hardwood floor downstairs and left me the note. he is such a bully............i have renamed him...........BILLY THE BULLY. (william is his real name, but he goes by billy, so that is very appropriate.)

ok, the eyes are not staying open so i am going to take a little nap and try to come back a little later and post about my day at work on saturday.

see ya'll later................

NEVER LEAVE A PAGE UNTURNED..............

2 comments:

ADB said...

The joy of computer technology, eh, Regina? Sorry Live Writer isnt quite working for you (yet). Have a good week

Paula said...

I know the frustration. I had similiar problems when I first changed over. I was thinking seriously of taking up cleaning house again and forgetting about blogging. Awww wouldn't I have missed friends like you though.