Saturday, January 17, 2009

JUST A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT

as much as i love sitting in front of this screen typing my heart out, i am so sleepy tonight i feel i must soon crash. but first, an entry........

i worked today. it was hard after being off for two days. and before we even opened i had words with MW. she was telling DD that before he went on his cruise in about 10 days, he needed to set the cashiers straight about their duties. i was standing within 3 feet of both of them near the register and i swung around and told her if she had something specific to say, say directly to me, not via DD. she then tried to make it sound like she meant the other 2 cashiers. i was very indignant about it, as i feel i do my job and do it well. about 10 minutes later, MW sought me out and put her hand on my arm and told me she wanted to explain what she was saying. she said she was meaning the other 2 girls, because of the 3 of us, i was the only one who kept busy straightening the store when i wasn't busy. it was her way of apologizing......it was good enough for me.

i got a birthday card from Mrs. H today, which was nice. it was a really cute card.

YO was snippy with me all morning as well. but she is having surgery next tuesday, and i am sure, being 74 years old, she is a bit concerned about it. so i will let her snippiness slide for now.

around lunch time, EJ was asking me what i wanted to do about lunch. i told her i didn't really know, but was thinking about chicken from Mrs. Winners, since i didn't get it yesterday because they all took me out to eat. AD came up and said she wanted pizza, which sounded good to EJ and me, so we ended up going to call papa johns for pizza. they made the call from DD's office, and since they were all in there together, they somehow convinced DD to pay for the pizza.....that's what i'm talking about girls......

Miss S relieved me while EJ, DD, AD and AD's daughter, L'il K, ate pizza. i am not fond of papa johns, but heck, when it is free, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. at the end of the day we couldn't get the rest of the pizza in the fridge, and EJ didn't want to take it home, so it came home with me..........i think there is one piece left, lol.

it is still extremely cold here. it is going to be around 12-14 degrees in atlanta, and colder in the burbs. i might actually turn the heat on tonight........

sunday is going to possibly be a day of wintry mix......rain, sleet, snow.....and i have to go look for a converter box for my tv. i am also supposed to go out to eat with my daughter and/or betty. i might just go out to eat with my daughter on sunday and then wait till monday to shop for the box and eat lunch with betty.

well, i cannot keep either eye open now. i have been typing with one open and one closed. so i guess it is time for beddy-bye. sigh...............

NEVER LEAVE A PAGE UNTURNED........

No comments: