Sunday, February 8, 2009

THE CAVALRY ARRIVED TODAY



yippee, the cavalry came today............

i called my daughter to ask her if she would bring me some fried chicken from Mrs. Winners. i had already eaten the few things that were easy to fix in the kitchen, and was down to stuff i had to stand and cook, and knew that wasn't going to happen. she said she would be glad to.

when she arrived an hour later, she had the chicken AND 2 boxes of flu meds, one for daytime, one for nighttime. and i didn't even ask her for meds.........but she brought them AND wouldn't let me pay her for anything. seeeeee, she did listen to me when i was raising her. she is a good kid, really. and i truly love her. we just went through some hard times for about 4 years.

i am finally sweating (i know, WTMI) so i guess that is good. i have been fighting 101.9-102.6 temps all day. and i only have one more day off work, so i gotta get to feeling better. if i don't get rid of this fever, i AM NOT going to work. i cannot even stand up for more than 5 minutes, and today is the first day i have been out of the bed for more than an hour at a time.

hopefully i am on the mend.................

i need a hot toddy........

3 comments:

Paula said...

How nice, I think your beautiful daughter has grown up. Now you get well soon.

MammawsDecorativeArt said...

It sounds like she's finally taking after her mother. At last. This has been a loooonnnnggg hard road. I know. I've had my own row to plow. Man is it tough being a parent these days.

Get better soon,
Nelishia

Sybil said...

Thank goodness you are eeling a wee bit better. Thank God for daughters too I would say....wish I had one !!....Hope you will feel ok to get to work tomorrow,,if not another day will surely find you half back to normal..keep smiling,
love as always Sybil